If you thought being carefree was okay just because there’s some light snow on your roof, think again.
While it is true that light snow doesn’t usually cause problems, but that’s only as long as the roof can put up with the weight. With more and more snow adding up, the pressure on the roof keeps increasing.
While some people think that it’s about the depth of snow, experts believe otherwise. Experts say that the overall weight of the snow on your roof is what matters, and is what you should be aware about.
So, one of the most common remedies to it is to actually take the snow off your roof. And guess what’s one of the best pieces of equipment available for that purpose? The Snow Rake of course!
“But….. I already know that!”
Yes, you do! But that’s just the basics. The harder part is to actually select the right snow rake for your roof.
If you take a look at the sheer number of models available in the market today, you’ll realize what I mean. It’s really hard to select the model that would be the best for you.
[But don’t worry, Best Lawn Sprinkler is here for you! Keep reading to check out the best snow rakes available for your roof out there!]
What are the best snow rakes for the roof?
Well, as I remarked a while ago, the large number of models in the market might make it hard to choose. But Best Lawn Sprinkler has done the research for you and we’ve come up with a list where almost everyone can easily find the right model for themselves.
Of course, we are also going to show you how to judge a model for yourself.
[So, read along to check out these models and to find out the right way to do that!]
Take up any model and compare it to the Garelick 89421 Roof Rake, and you’ll almost always find this one to be the better.
So, it doesn’t come as a surprise that this model is treated as the best model when it comes to Snow Rakes.
But let’s still take a look at the main features of this mode, shall we?
- One of the main things that the Garelick 89421 Roof Rake can boast of is the “shingle saver rollers” … This is one of the things that a very few models provide you with, making this model a great choice if you’re looking for this feature.
- Again, the Garelick 69421 Roof Rake can be extended up to 21′ if you add all the four sections. However, the size is a little adjustable since you can choose the number of sections to use.
- Again, this model is actually a bestselling model. This model has a huge number of sales so far and almost everyone has loved this model. This is usually one of the clearest indicators that a model is worth going for. So, if you like to check out the reviews like I do, know that this model has their favor.
- Again, this model is actually also a pretty affordable model. While it sure isn’t the cheapest model out there, it’s actually still on the affordable side. This is a great thing because this makes this model a good choice for almost everyone to go for!
So, if these are the features that you’re looking for in a model, then this model seems like a great candidate!
[But, even so, don’t decide until you check out the other models!]
The next model that I’d like to bring into your attention is the Avalanche SRD20 Snow Rake Deluxe.
This model is of those models that boast of a really high level of functionality, and is loved by the users who love to take a look at the technical aspects.
The main features of this model might be summed up as follows:
- This model gives you an option to quickly extend its overall length with a quick connect. With that attached, you can extend this model up to 20 feet in length!
- The rake is actually 24 inches wide, which is actually a pretty good thing! It can easily clear off a lot of snow at once from your roof. This would instantly reduce quite a bit of pressure on the roof.
- The lightweight aluminum handle with a vinyl end grip ensures that you can hold this model and work with it for a long time without tiring yourself or your hands.
- However, one thing that you might want to keep in mind about this model is that some people think that it isn’t heavy duty. As in, they think that it can be fine for light snow, but they claim that it has broken apart when used with too much snow. So, that’s something that you might want to keep in mind.
- Finally, from a financial perspective, this model is actually a really affordable model. While it still might not be the most economic model in the market, it’s a model that pretty much everyone can go with, which is a really good thing!
Let’s move on to one of the more premium model choices out there now, shall we?
Well, the MinnSnowta Dynamo Roof Razor Snow Rake is the main premium model that comes to my mind when it comes to snow rakes.
Why do I say so? Well, a simple look at the features would make you see why I’m saying that:
- This model actually boasts of a longer pole length than other models. While most models boast of a 20 foot length, this one actually boasts of a 24 foot one, which is actually 20% more than the other ones!
- It can also clear about 2 feet of snow with every sweep, which makes it really easy to quickly clear your roof.
- Again, this model has also been made from quality materials. It can easily be used as a heavy duty model, and you’d be glad to know that there have been almost no reports of this model breaking because it couldn’t take the load!
- Yes, of course, a premium model does also come with a premium price tag- and this model is no exception to that. Priced much above the regular price level for snow rakes, this model sure does boast of every feature of a premium model. However, given all the things that this model offers, I’d say that this model is well worth the price you’re paying.
And, I’d like to conclude today’s list with a Snow Joe RJ204M 21′ Twist-n-Lock Telescoping Snow Shovel Roof Rake!
If the name doesn’t make it clear to you, this is actually a really versatile model that boasts of quite a few features that make it special- which is exactly why this model is loved!
The main feature that this model boasts of are:
- This model boasts of one of the largest head sizes in the market, actually. It boasts of a 6 inch by 25 inch polyhead, which can help you clean up your roof really quickly! This is one of the main things that I personally love about this model.
- The overall length of the pole, on the other hand, is fairly standard. It comes with the 21 inch pole, which is a little larger than the standard 21 inches, but not as large as the one the last model we discussed boasts of.
- However, another major thing that this model boasts of is being ultra lightweight. It actually is one of the lightest models out there among all the snow rakes available in the market today. So, if you’re looking for something that you can use for a long time without tiring out your arms, this seems like a good model to go for.
- However, one thing that people complain about this model is how the straps are hooked to the blade. This apparently causes quite a bit of problem, and is something you might want to look up a bit if you’re planning to go with this model.
- As far as the pricing is concerned as well, this model is also one of the most affordable choices out there. It’s one of the lowest priced models that I’ve seen so far (and I’ve seen a lot of models). So, based on price, I could say that you’re getting more than what you’re paying for when it comes to this model, which gives you a really reason to go for it.
How to select the right model for myself?
Well, as you can see, even after doing the research, there are quite a few models out there. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the number of choices and how similar they seem, know that there’s nothing wrong with feeling this way.
Honestly though, choosing the right model is not too hard, and we’re going to guide you through it! So, the first thing that you might want to do is know what you’re looking for.
Now, what are you looking for? Well, you’re looking for something that is going to serve your purposes and needs! So, you need to figure out what it is that you exactly need. Once you know your needs, you automatically know what you’re looking for.
And once you know what you’re looking for, it becomes really simple to find the right model for yourself. All you have to do is compare every model accordingly and you’ll easily be able to find out which one is the best for you. Please keep in mind that the best model for you isn’t always the most selling one out there- it’s the one that serves all your needs at the price that seems the most reasonable to you.
Best Lawn Sprinkler is here for you!
Finally, we can conclude by saying that the right model for you is out there, and Best Lawn Sprinkler is here to help you find the right model for yourself! As lawn owners and homeowners ourselves, we understand your dream, and we are here to help you out with the right information that you’re looking for.
We also understand that you might still have a few questions for us. We tried to keep the article as comprehensive as possible, but a few questions might still arise in your mind. If there’s anything that you’d like to ask us, please feel free to reach out to us- we would love to hear from you! We here at Best Lawn Sprinkler are always here for you, so please do not hesitate in reaching out to us!
Finally, we would like to thank you for taking your time to read this article till the very end. We really hope that you found it to be informative, and that you would be able to use this information when making your purchase. We also hope to see you again on our next article! However, until we meet again, we wish you a great day, and recommend that you check out the following articles:
- The 5 Best Rated Rakes for Pine Needles
- The 3 Best Ways to Pick Up Pine Needles
- The Top 3 Yard Vacuums for Pine Needles 2018